AANA Mission: AANA advances patient safety, practice excellence, and its members’ profession.
AANA Vision: AANA will be a preeminent professional association for healthcare and patient safety.
AANA Core Values: Quality, Professionalism, Compassion, Collaboration, Wellness, Diversity
AANA Motto: Safe and effective anesthesia care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy, Vision and Leadership:
- Develop and implement an annual integrated marketing communications strategy and plan to advance AANA’s brand and value of CRNAs in industry, broaden awareness of and member loyalty to AANA and increase the value of AANA programs and services.
- Proactively conduct member and market research to fill gaps in knowledge and assess member needs and construct business plans for new and existing programs and services to grow membership and revenues.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive brand strategy to create a powerful, relevant and defensible position, strengthen factors that drive differentiation and serves as brand steward for AANA.
- Work in close collaboration with public relations, including communications planning, budgeting, and staff development.
Content Strategy & Publications:
- Identify challenges and emerging issues facing AANA and its members, and develop and lead a targeted content strategy that consistently delivers valuable and relevant information to key audiences.
- Oversee the development and distribution of AANA print, electronic and mobile communications, including publications, marketing and sales collateral, website and social media properties.
- Ensure all marketing communications are well-coordinated, integrated and support marketing plan goals/objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
- Recruit, manage and lead a marketing communications team to support the development and execution of the integrated marketing communications strategy and plan.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Mentor and develop staff.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assigning and measuring accountabilities, objectives and priorities.