Today’s fast-paced lifestyle means you need a salon that fits your schedule. That’s why we’re open evenings and weekends; no appointments necessary. At Great Clips, you can relax, because you know you will get an affordable, quality haircut in a comfortable, friendly salon.
For the ultimate in convenience, Great Clips launched the industry’s first Online Check-in service, allowing customers to add their name to the wait list of a Great Clips salon—before they arrive. Great Clips is also the only salon brand with Clip Notes®, a technology that allows stylists to keep notes on a customer’s haircut and is accessible at any Great Clips salon.
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest salon brand. Great Clips franchisees employ 40,000 stylists who receive ongoing training to learn advanced skills and the latest trends. Our salon owners and corporate office are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities.
Key Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising principles and practices; ability to apply these principles and practices in the development and communication of marketing/advertising programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with franchise service sector multi-tier industry and consumer retail businesses.
- Customer relations skills, such as the ability to respond with a sense of urgency, and with tact and diplomacy in difficult situations.
- Planning skills, such as identifying and sequencing action steps to achieve goals while considering possible risks.
- Ability to effectively speak and present in public and positively reflect the company’s image as a leader in the marketplace.
- Ability to build effective relationships across all levels, exchanging information freely and dealing well with differences of opinion or confrontation.
- Ability to develop a complete business/marketing plan with solid financial elements.
- Excellent financial analysis skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel and other financial programs.
- Travel is required.
Desired Education and Experience:
This position requires a college degree and at least 8+ years of marketing management experience either on client or agency side or a combination of the two. Experience with digital marketing and knowledge of creative/branding process at client or agency side preferred.
This position supervises one or more Associate Marketing Managers.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of the position and people in the position.