The Westown Association is seeking two unpaid Marketing & Events Interns for the summer of 2017 (mid-May - August, 2017). Though both interns will concentrate on the general marketing of the organization and miscellaneous events, one intern will concentrate on the planning and execution of the Westown Farmers' Market and the other will concentrate on the planning and execution of River Rhythms. Great internship for students with an interest in event-planning and majoring in public relations, marketing or any communications-related field! We strongly encourage the intern to receive school credit for the internship as we will work to help meet credit requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EVENT COORDINATION -
Farmers' Market (Every Wednesday, beginning June 7th- 7am-3pm)
- Assist staff with the organization, planning and execution of the Westown Farmers' Market every Wednesday from 7am until 3pm in Zeidler Union Square in downtown Milwaukee.
- Help in writing weekly press releases and weekly e-newsletters, event promotion, vendor recruitment and preparation for special event days.
- On site: assist with set-up and take-down, vendor traffic and coordination, customer assistance and social media updates.
River Rhythms (Every Wednesday, June 14th-August 30th 3:30pm-9:30pm)
- Assist staff with the organization, planning and execution of River Rhythms, a downtown Milwaukee concert series at Pere Marquette Park.
- Help in writing weekly press releases and weekly e-mail newsletters, emcee script, scheduling volunteers and promotions.
- On-site: assist with set-up and take-down, beverage sales, inventory, social media updates and trouble-shooting.
Events other than the Farmers' Market and River Rhythms may arise in which both interns would be involved.
- Write articles for our monthly e-newsletters and event e-mail blasts
- Assist with social media- Facebook & Twitter
- Perform updates to www.westown.org and www.parkmilwaukee.com
- Assist with media list updates
- Assist in writing press releases
- Can assist in graphic design work if able
- Attend monthly Marketing committee meeting
OFFICE MANAGEMENT -
- Maintain databases, mailing lists and vital records
- Create and update Westown Intern manual
Help with general office functions including answering phones, greeting guests, office maintenance, mass mailings, meeting preparation and other projects as assigned