|Title||Content Marketing Intern
VISIT Milwaukee markets the greater Milwaukee area as the destination of choice for conventions, events, and leisure travel, thereby increasing the economic impact of tourism.
The Greater Milwaukee Convention and Visitors Bureau, D.B.A. VISIT Milwaukee, is a private, non-profit corporation formed in 1967. As the main destination marketing organization (DMO) for the greater Milwaukee area, our primary goal is representing and promoting Greater Milwaukee as a premier destination for major conventions, corporate meetings, group tours, and business and leisure travelers. Our goal of increasing visitor and meeting generated revenue is achieved through sophisticated and integrated sales, services, marketing, and public relations programs geared to local, regional, national and international target markets. Through this process, VISIT Milwaukee is able to reach new and existing markets to increase visitors and economic impact to Greater Milwaukee.
VISIT Milwaukee is offering an internship opportunity in our marketing and communications department. The Content Marketing Intern will be assigned special projects and duties as determined by the supervisor to support and assist the VISIT Milwaukee marketing and communications department.
VISIT Milwaukee’s marketing department is charged with elevating the image of branding Milwaukee as a premier destination for meetings, conventions and leisure travel. The department also supports the entire in-house VISIT Milwaukee team with marketing projects such as annual guides, ad sales and digital projects. Additional departmental responsibilities include overseeing the marketing calendars and project schedules, seasonal advertising campaigns, media buys, social media contests, printed marketing collateral, PowerPoint presentations, tracking key performance indicators in CRM system, reporting and marketing research.
The Content Marketing Intern supports the creative marketing needs of the department and organization in several ways.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in research and development of content ideas
- Curate relevant content from around the web for VISIT Milwaukee’s website and social media channels
- Draft content in the brand voice of VISIT Milwaukee for print, social media and web as needed
- Accompany staff to local businesses or events and assist in documenting the experience for future use in content
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited academic institution with a major in marketing, business, public relations, communications or journalism.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Talented and creative writer
- Familiarity with the use of major social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) as marketing tools
- Ability to adhere to editorial guidelines/brand standards (knowledge of AP style is a bonus)
- Team player, resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Exceptional knowledge of the greater Milwaukee area, including attractions, arts and cultural institutions, events, restaurants, etc.
- Keen attention to detail, the ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is an unpaid internship and is eligible for academic credit as defined by the academic institution.
VISIT Milwaukee will provide parking during the internship.
Work schedules will be determined by the supervisor and the intern, and will be during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.