|Title||Principal Public Relations/Communications Specialist
|Region||Twin Cities Metro
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
We are hiring a Principal Public Relations/Communications Specialist who will lead and support communications to reach and influence a variety of internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Global Quality Function. As the Global Quality function is becoming more "center led", consistent, effective and direct communications with more stakeholders become critical to gain organizational alignment on the Global Quality strategy, priorities and execution of the work, as well as regular updates on how the work is progressing and the results. In addition, lead and support communications to continue enhancing Medtronic’s quality culture globally (Quality Begins with Me). This role will report into the Director of Global Quality Training and Communications and work across multiple partners and stakeholders to adapt to changing business needs in a matrix environment.
- Produce organizational meetings and events, ensuring effective communications, meeting planning and logistics, and driving alignment and engagement around goals, objectives and priorities
- Support Global Quality communications strategy development to support Global Quality strategic priorities; reach and influence target internal and external stakeholders in consistent, effective and direct ways
- Develop communications plan and materials, including advising on messages and tactics, to reach employees within the Global Quality function across the enterprise
- Develop communications plan and materials, including advising on messages and tactics, to enhance quality culture via Quality Begins with Me across the enterprise
- Manage the Star of Excellence award program, which is the premier employee recognition for quality as part of Quality Begins with Me
- Assist with executive communications (mainly presentations) for the Senior Vice President of Global Quality to inform and influence the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee and other key stakeholders
- Provide editorial oversight for the Global Quality intranet website to ensure accurate and timely information consistent with Global Quality communications strategy is available to all employees on demand
- Support external communications needs relative to Global Quality (e.g. annual report, Medtronic.com content, etc.)
- Facilitate alignment with Global Communications to ensure alignment of message, brand and incorporation of global perspectives
- Represent Global Quality communications priorities internally across Quality, Global Communications, and the organization as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in a Public Relations, Communications or Marketing role within an agency or corporation (5 years with Masters)
- Experience managing external partners and vendors
- Previous experience with leading a team to plan large global meetings and/or conferences
- MBA or Masters in Journalism or Communications
- Experience deploying enterprise-level, complex, advanced programs
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and advising Director and VP-level executives in a dynamic, matrixed, global environment
- Experience in program/process design, as well as process improvement skill set
- Experience in leveraging data/metrics to identify trends and areas for improvement/process redesign
- Experience working in web publishing software (preferably Contribute)
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer for extended periods of time, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time
|Compensation & Benefits||