|Title||Insights & Research Intern
Hiebing, founded in 1981, is a full-service marketing communications agency located in the heart of Madison, WI and was named Ad Age's 2015 Small Agency of the Year, Midwest. The agency has expertise in branding, content development, public relations, social media, digital marketing and media planning and clients include local, regional and national brands with b2c and b2b target markets.
The Insights & Research Intern is responsible for the day-to-day management of research projects and ensuring they are completed accurately and on time. The intern will report to the Director of Insights and is involved in a project from the initial identification of objectives to the final presentation of results. This is a paid internship at 40 hours per week and there is the opportunity for this role to evolve in to a full-time position.
The ideal candidate is curious about consumers/customers and why they do what they do; passionate about learning new things and being challenged; and positive in their outlook so they can come up with new ways of addressing research challenges. Being proactive, highly organized and having strong attention to detail are also critical for success in this position.
- Programming and testing research questionnaires
- Ensuring fieldwork is progressing well and meeting quotas
- Identifying and arranging location details for in-person qualitative research
- Setting up discussion platforms for online qualitative research
- Identifying potential issues in the fielding of projects and suggesting solutions
Data analysis and synthesis:
- Analyzing data tables and conducting significance testing when needed
- Creating charts or other visual representations of results for final reports
- Conduct secondary data analyses using online sources
Consumer insights and trends thought leadership:
- Identifying and sharing relevant consumer articles and trends to ensure everyone at Hiebing is thinking about the consumer and looking for ways to make a stronger consumer connection in our work
- Getting outside supplier bids on future projects
- Manage project budgets, including estimates and projections
- Process monthly project billing, ensuring accuracy of invoices
Depending on the experience level of a candidate, the Strategic Insights & Research Intern may also be involved in:
- Developing target profiles focused on emotional motivations for behavior
- Moderating online qualitative communities maintained for our clients’ brands
- Downloading survey data to SPSS, cleaning data, coding open-ends
- Writing questionnaires, screeners and discussion guides
- Writing proposals, writing final reports and presenting results
A bachelor’s degree is required. Preferred majors would be marketing, marketing research, mass communications/advertising, psychology or sociology. At least 1-2 years of market research experience is ideal but not required.
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is a paid internship at $10 per hour.