|Company||Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
|Title||Marketing and Community Engagement Associate
The Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts and cultural education organization located in downtown Appleton, provides a premier venue for live performing arts. Since 2002, the Center has proudly served as a gathering place for the community to engage in educational opportunities while enhancing the understanding and appreciation of life through the creation and presentation of the arts.
The Center hosts more than 350 events each year including the best of Broadway, an education series designed for students, cultural programming, activities dedicated to engaging the community and private events held by local individuals and organizations.
A premier venue, the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center is the perfect place to enjoy world-class performances with coworkers or clients. The beautiful and unique spaces in the Center are available for community use and are perfect for meetings, receptions or entertaining any number of guests from 2 to 2,072! The Center also has a dedicated group sales team that can help arrange a perfect outing for groups of 10 or more, with discounts available on select performances.
As a team member of the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, you will help build a positive working environment as well as inspire, transform and build our community through exceptional live experiences. Under the supervision of the marketing and public relations manager, the marketing and community engagement associate will provide support for marketing efforts and community engagement events.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the marketing team across a wide range of deliverables, from concept to execution
- Manage the community engagement committee and facilitate planning of events
- Create and maintain community partnerships as the community engagement lead
- Coordinate special opportunities with internal staff and show management
- Assist with purchasing and scheduling advertising
- Coordinate and distribute press, trade and promotional tickets
- Coordinate marketing settlement costs, marketing accounts payables, and invoicing
- Distribute electronic and print advertising and collateral materials
- Create themed press packets for shows
- Assist with pitching press stories
- Assist with press events
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task
- Comfortable accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- High attention to detail
- Effectively manage time and resources
- Demonstrate good collaboration and communication in meetings
- Optimistic attitude and believes in the mission, vision and values of the Center
- Willing to work limited nights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in basic advertising and marketing principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to apply critical thought to projects
- Advanced oral and written communications
- Ability to organize tasks and work independently
- Ability to work with others in communication and overseeing a variety of activities
- Able and willing to learn new skills and accept new challenges
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or related field preferred. Minimum of a high school diploma and Associate Degree plus experience in marketing.
|Compensation & Benefits||