|Company||Radiological Society of North America
|Title||Senior Manager: Marketing Strategy
The Radiological Society of North America (RSNA®) is an international society of radiologists, medical physicists and other medical professionals with more than 54,000 members from 136 countries across the globe. RSNA hosts the world’s premier radiology forum, drawing approximately 55,000 attendees annually to McCormick Place in Chicago, and publishes two top peer-reviewed journals: Radiology, the highest-impact scientific journal in the field, and RadioGraphics, the only journal dedicated to continuing education in radiology.
Through its educational resources, RSNA provides hundreds of thousands of continuing education credits toward physicians' maintenance of certification—more than one million CME certificates have been awarded since 2000. The Society also develops and offers informatics-based software solutions in support of a universal electronic health record, sponsors research to advance quantitative imaging biomarkers, and conducts outreach to enhance education in developing nations. Through its Research & Education (R&E) Foundation, RSNA provides millions of dollars in funding to young investigators, helping to build the future of the profession.
Uses marketing industry knowledge and insight into market trends to implement RSNA organizational marketing initiatives for the organization; collaborates with RSNA departments to achieve marketing initiatives. Researches, creates, implements, manages, and evaluates strategic marketing and communications solutions to support RSNA goals.
- Works closely with Assistant Director: Marketing Strategy on the development, implementation and execution of fully integrated, strategic annual marketing plans for assigned Society departments. Meets regularly with departments to assess needs, review plans, and revise as necessary throughout the year..
- Works closely with Assistant Director: Market Research and Brand Management to identify market research opportunities and avenues for project measurement. Actively consumes research results and ensures they are applied in marketing plan execution.
- Manages development of key messages that align with the goals, target audiences and brand and manage content of all offline and online communications such as newsletters, direct mail, promotional materials, websites, e-marketing, etc. Actively seeks out ways to cross promote RSNA products and services.
- Seeks out new research and insights on existing and potential RSNA customers. Identifies the most effective ways to reach target audiences
- Helps Assistant Director: Marketing Strategy gather statistics and research for marketing programs and services. Manages conducting post-analyses of all activities for use in reporting to the organization and informing future marketing recommendations.
- Oversees two Marketing staff in all aspects of the implementation of assigned marketing plans, campaigns, and projects; development of concepts, writing/editing, production oversight, and analysis, resulting in high-quality, brand compliant materials on time and within budget. May directly manage certain marketing plans, delegating tasks to Marketing Manages as necessary.
- Participation in strategy development for organizational marketing plans in conjunction with Director and Assistant Director: Marketing Strategy.
- Supervises two Marketing staff on all project resources; creates, communicates and manages project plans, timelines, milestones, priorities, budgets and deliverables; and maintains proper communication with project team and departments.
- Manage vendor relations, including creating specifications, assessing bids, negotiating pricing, awarding contracts, establishing and meeting production timelines, evaluating proofs/press checks, monitoring workflow, overseeing production, coordinating delivery, and ensuring quality meets the highest standards within budgetary and schedule constraints. Continually evaluates marketing processes.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred (concentration in Marketing, Communications, or Business preferred).
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant professional experience in marketing environment in a supervisory role.
- Successful history in helping develop effective customer-centric marketing strategies. Demonstrated knowledge of marketing process, including strategy, needs assessment, planning, promotion, execution, and evaluation. Understands how to use cross-promotion to achieve organization's marketing goals.
- Strong track record of managing and coaching marketing team members.
- Strong strategic thinking abilities
- Strong project management skills. Ability to prioritize.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail. Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Strategic thinking ability. Able to apply statistics and data to make strong marketing recommendations.
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms.
- Keeps abreast of marketing trends.
- Highly creative and resourceful.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment to organization's mission.
- Thrives in fast paced, changing environment.
- Familiarity with CRM and/or e-blast software preferred.
|Compensation & Benefits||