|Title||Customer Experience Manager
We've proudly resurrected the iconic Aiwa brand in the passionate pursuit of bringing people together around music. How? Simply, we create products that deliver legendary sound quality; we bring you the music you love, the way it was meant to be heard.
Aiwa is a globally-known brand with a rich legacy, now under the ownership of a Chicago inventor and entrepreneur who has brought over $350MM of innovative consumer electronics products to market. Our flagship product is the single top-ranked Bluetooth speaker of the 20,000 in its category on Amazon, with a 5-star rating that we are incredibly proud of. We’re a startup with the team and formula for delivering category-crushing hardware and world-class customer service.
We’re growing rapidly and looking to fill a few roles. As we’re a small, integrated team, the ideal candidate has experience, skills and interests in several areas. We’re open to tailoring a position around the right individual.
This position will start as a part-time commitment, it can easily work into a full-time role. We’re based in Chicago with key team members in Milwaukee; ideally, you'll be located near one of those cities. This is largely a remote position.
Our primary need is for a Customer Experience Manager. What’s that? We’re glad you asked. Providing exceptional service to our customers and exceeding expectations is one of our core brand assets. The traditional term of “customer service” implies reactionary behavior and a goal of loss prevention; proactively managing the consumer experience creates loyal, lifelong customers and brand ambassadors. That’s what we strive to do, and we do it well.
This role has the potential to expand into other areas. While there are opportunities in digital marketing, social media, operations and PR, the primary focus of this position is customer service. This is one of the most important roles within the company; you are the voice of Aiwa.
What does that look like? Day-to-day responsibilities include replying to customer emails, inquiries and support questions, monitoring our 10 sales channels, fulfilling and confirming orders, responding to Facebook messages and comments and making sure our customers are thrilled with our products and service. The hours are very flexible, provided all deadlines are met.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you:
• At the risk of sounding like a dating profile, you’re someone who is steadfastly dependable, creative and able to work productively with minimal supervision. This position requires someone who is an effective communicator, highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Do you like people? Are you good at problem-solving? The ideal candidate will have the skills and personality to turn an angry customer into a hardcore fan.
• An interest in audio is important. If you bought your last set of headphones as a fashion accessory, we may not be a great fit. If you consider yourself an audiophile, that’s a bonus.
• Hardware experience is not required, but an interest in learning is. One of the benefits of working here is learning the ropes. The ideal candidate will be interested in testing returned stock.
• Previous experience with Amazon fulfillment is preferred, but not certainly not required.
• As this is a remote position, a dependable laptop or computer and reliable internet access are essential. 98% of this position is performed online.
• Do you have design, photography, programming or copywriting skills or PR experience? Even better! Tell us about it.
|Compensation & Benefits||
We’re open to both part-time and full-time commitments, as well as individuals with entry-level to 10+ years experience.
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.