Candeo Creative is a dynamic and flourishing full-scale integrated marketing agency that lives and breathes brilliant marketing. Our culture is one that supports creativity, openness and professional development. Candeo Creative is dedicated to serving our employees through competitive compensation, benefits and office perks. We ensure that creativity matched with unbeatable passion is in the heart of our being. Candeo Creative is dedicated to seeking the best solutions for our clients, from new startups to international organizations. Our team members aim to go the extra mile, think in a critical and creative fashion and zealously serve each other and our clients.
Candeo Creative is committed to hiring qualified people to perform the many tasks necessary in providing high quality marketing services. An integral part of this policy is to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer-associate relationship without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetics, citizenship status, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The media buyer researches, plans and places all clients’ projects. They purchase advertising space in print, outdoor, broadcast, and online outlets, such as magazines, billboards, radio stations, television stations, print and websites. The media buyer assists in establishing appropriate media and budgets for clients, and establishes good relationships with all media representatives. The media buyer attends to all administrative paperwork required to carry out assigned media functions. This person negotiates with advertising sales agents to acquire cost-efficient and budget-conscious advertising space, sponsorships, product placements or print pieces. The media buyer must understand his or her clients' needs and wants and research what media are available in the markets afforded by a client's budget. Analytical thinking, communication, persuasion, and research abilities are instrumental to a media buyer's success. The media buyer is responsible for media planning, placement, analysis and interpretation. The media buyer finds the most efficient ways to reach or exceed the client’s business goals and implements them, using online resources and media planning software. This person develops the media plan, working with the client service team. The media buyer negotiates and secures media buys and sponsorships with digital and traditional media. They should be familiar with placement opportunities in the region and have knowledge of the print industry to effectively communicate specification needs to the project manager. Print procurement experience is a plus. The applicant should have the ability to evaluate suppliers and vendors, negotiate contracts, review quality of output and resolve quality issues with vendors. This job requires you to work alongside the design team from start to finish of print collateral to ensure a quality end product that fits the needs of the client and the vision and specifications of the design. He/she should have a thorough understanding of different printing processes such as offset lithography, flexography, digital printing and screen printing. This person should be familiar with interactive media buying opportunities, business contacts, rates, tracking and measurement programs and formats, analysis and interpretation methods. Finally, the media buyer analyzes the success of the campaign using result statistics.
The media buyer is responsible for implementing approved media plans by negotiating and securing the planned buys, tracking the results and ensuring the project is completed within the proposed budget. This person must be well-versed in costs, fees, formats and other variables related to media buying, and should be alert to changes and new opportunities of interest to clients and compatible with client goals or objectives. The media buyer works within the strategy department and closely partners with the agency’s account managers, account teams, digital/general strategists and creative director to seek and implement the best solutions for our clients. This position is a perfect fit for you if you are able to:
- Acquire desirable time slots and media space for advertising clients.
- Work with print vendors to deliver print specifications and options to the art department.
- Issue insertion orders for each and every insertion placed (making sure that a copy of the order accompanies the artwork).
- Establish deadlines for materials needed and reports deadlines to the creative, production and account services departments.
- Maintain all digital and hard copy resource and media files, backing up and updating constantly.
- Coordinate print purchase with mailing expenditures to meet budget restrictions for direct mailers and similar collateral.
- Make timely placement of all media according to schedules.
- Maintain agency media schedules and issues all media reports.
- Promptly approve all media invoices to be forwarded to client for payment.
- Assist the public relations department in producing special features, etc.
- Alert account services of special media offers/placement opportunities, etc.
- Archive all media insertion orders, including cancellations, date, size changes, etc., for access by client service teams.
- Maintain current software program skills related to the performance of daily job functions.
- Develop, present and implement media plans to meet client strategic goals.
- Recommend the most effective buying strategy based on client goals and strategic objectives.
- Negotiate with web properties to ensure the most cost-effective buys and most efficient placements.
- Maintain digital records of all advertising and marketing contracts for assigned clients. Track and compile statistics for evaluation of results of online campaigns; recommend strategy changes and revisions where data indicates it is necessary.
- Work closely with the project managers and team leads on allocating agency time to projects.
- Understand and can clearly explain advertising options to client service team members and especially to clients.
- Build a network of media contacts to utilize as information and research resources for the agency and its clients.
- Maintain online media buying and tracking systems and software.
- Maintain an up-to-date digital directory of interactive advertising and marketing resources, including current pricing structures and format options.
Previous media planning experience, a four-year degree, and superior communication skills are required for this position. A thorough knowledge of the Internet, Web 2.0 technologies and an ability to work with ad planning tools are important, as are knowledge of customer demographics and psychographics, and their implications to accurate and effective media plans. This person must have strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects, and superior persuasive skills.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of digital/new media account service, and/or agency/marketing services-related experience
- Print procurement experience a plus
- Industry category experience for relevant client categories
- Prior consulting experience in crafting and leading POVs and planning
- Excellent communication skills, especially strong presentation skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility in responding to changing demands, timelines and priorities
- Ability to manage time and priorities to work efficiently and effortlessly
- Effective verbal and written communicator utilizing various digital platforms
- Ability to work in a multi-task, multi-priority, high volume, and fast-paced environment with limited supervision and direction
- Highly organized and deadline driven
- Ability to handle and give feedback and constructive criticism
- Ability to work effectively on a team with a positive attitude and avoid gossip
- Passion for marketing and for pushing the limits of integrated advertising
|Compensation & Benefits||
Compensation is negotiable based on qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Planning
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, laid-back environment
- Cash and Non-Cash Bonus Programs
- Personalized Professional Development
- Complimentary Snacks and Beverages