|Company||Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Foundation
|Title||Special Events Intern
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is one of the nation’s top pediatric facilities. It also is a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons and features one of the state’s only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Units. Founded in 1894, Children’s provides primary care, specialty care, urgent care, emergency care, community health services, foster and adoption services, child and family counseling, child advocacy services and family resource centers. Care is provided to children from Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and beyond.
You will assist the special events staff with organizing the 40th annual Briggs & Al's Run & Walk for Children's Hospital which will be held on September 16, 2017. This Milwaukee tradition is an 8k run with a 3 or 5 mile family walk. The event is one of the largest in the country, attracting more than 14,000-17,000 participants annually. Since the event's inception, the run/walk has raised more than $18 million for the kids of Wisconsin.
This internship will run from mid-June to late-September. Student must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Receive valuable experience working in a fun, fast-paced, professional development office as a member of our team! Children's Hospital Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated student to join our Special Events team. This position is designed to provide the student with hands on experience in special event planning, marketing and communications for a non-profit organizatino. The Special Events intern will assist the staff with the following activities:
- Coordinate the Health and Fitness Fair from development of promotional materials to soliciting vendor participation. The Health and Fitness Fair is a component of the event's Finish Line Celebration on the Summerfest grounds following the event.
- Organize the event's registration sites including sponsors, revising training materials, and overseeing all of the logistics pertaining to on-site participant registration.
- Conduct phone solicitations for product/merchandise donations for the event.
- Work closely with event staff to coordinate activities and entertainment for the day-of the event.
- Work closely with business associations and residential community living along the 8k race course in an effort to communicate race day activities.
- Implement and promote the general public notification plan and tactics.
- Coordinate various other activities in relation to the event, as needed, including: promotional material development, soliciting participation, coordinating mailings, campaign tactical execution, and other logistics.
- An interest in special event fundraising.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Products including mail merges.
- Communciationn, Marketing, or Public Relations majors preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Creativity, enthusiasm and superior organizational skills, as well as the ability run multiple projects at once.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work the event (September 16, 2017).
- Car for local travel, minimal (mileage will be reimbursed).
|Compensation & Benefits||
This internship is unpaid, but availble for school credit.