|Company||St. Joan Antida High School
|Title||Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Founded in 1954, St. Joan Antida High School is an all-girl Catholic, International Baccalaureate World School (grades 9-12) sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of St. Joan Antida. Located in downtown Milwaukee, it serves a culturally and economically diverse student population, shaping and challenging the minds of today's young women. It is the goal of the St. Joan Antida High School Community to prepare each young woman who walks through our doors to become leaders in their community.
In the spirit of Saint Joan Antida Thouret's passion to educate and empower young women, we prepare our students to lead and serve in a global society through a values-based Catholic education.
At St. Joan Antida High School, we are committed to:
- Academic Rigor
- Personalized Attention
- Catholic Faith and Service
- Leadership Development
Our work is carried out based on the core principles of:
- Providing access
- Providing college-bound curriculum through the International Baccalaureate Programme
- Providing an enriched student-life experience
- Providing a safe and modern learning environment
As a member of the development team and reporting to the Director of Development and Communications (DOD), the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for executing a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that promotes the vision and mission of St. Joan Antida High School (SJA) to internal and external audiences. This position provides direct support to the admissions and development departments.
Specifically, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will serve as the primary content creator for all internal and external print and electronic communications originating from the development department, ensure all collateral consistently follows brand standards, manage marketing campaigns (including social media platforms) and oversee regular maintenance of the school website. Working in collaboration with the Head of School, Director of Admissions and Enrollment, and Director of Development and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will also work on media messaging and creation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing Strategies (Admissions and Development support) (65%):
- Manages current marketing campaigns, working closely with both the campaign vendor and the DOD in monitoring effectiveness and success of campaign.
- Manage updates to school website, ensuring new and consistent information is posted regularly. Will work to ensure website is consistently meeting Search Engine Optimization (SEO) standards. Manage the school/events calendar for website.
- Assist with management of school’s social media platforms, ensuring content is created and posted regularly. Will create an annual social media calendar, with scheduled postings and advertisements. Analyze marketing data collected regularly from website, social media, and online advertisements. Provide regular progress reports to both the admissions and development departments to aid directors in determining marketing direction.
- Creates and maintains a brand identity guide for the organization and helps ensure brand standards are followed for all internal and external materials.
- Edit all published content from admissions and development.
- Serves as the lead for designing and producing videos, images, advertisements and other digital marketing efforts.
- Creates print ads, radio spots and other creative content for advertising needs.
- Help coordinate photography of key events and daily activities throughout the school year for use in publications, on website and on social media platforms.
- Draft copy and coordinate production as project manager for school and donor primary communications, including The Joanette Newsletter, annual report, and monthly alumnae spotlights.
- Manage email blast correspondence to internal lists and external constituent groups. Works with admissions and development departments to create a quarterly e-Communications calendar.
- Assist with copy writing for special event collateral (Auction, NUN RUN, Spaghetti with the Sisters), admissions event marketing pieces and programs, select donor appeal pieces and other printed communications.
- Assist in creating materials used for development proposals, presentation materials and reports. Works with DOD to develop media contacts to assist with sharing SJA story.
- Assist with creation and distribution of press releases and media alerts.
- Monitor and track media coverage and social media activity about SJA (outside of SJA’s social media platforms).
This position will serve as an SJA staff member on the Marketing Committee (of the SJA Board of Directors) and will be responsible for taking accurate and timely Marketing Committee meeting minutes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in marketing, public relations, special events or communications role.
- Qualified candidates will have exceptional oral and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external school constituents and community members through all forms of written, digital and personal speech methods.
- Should be fluent in all Microsoft Office suite programs and applications and have knowledge of social media platforms.
- Candidate will be well-organized, detail and goal oriented, highly motivated, and possess the ability to handle varied projects and meet all deadlines.
- Confidentiality of all information is both an expectation and a firm requirement.
- Experience in a non-profit environment where relationship management is integral to the success of the organization.
- Experience working with developing and maintaining a website.
- Experience working on digital marketing campaigns.
- Graphic design background and ability.
For All SJA Employees:
- Support of and commitment to the mission and vision of SJA.
- Contribution to discussions and ideas impacting the learning environment at SJA while maintaining professionalism and respect.
- Collaborate and communicate in an appropriate, timely, professional manner.
- Establish and model behaviors that promote high expectations for students, staff, and faculty. Model the importance of lifelong learning through commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Develop, nurture and maintain relationships that promote respect and success for all.
- Know, serve and live in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic faith.
- Abide by all policies, procedures and the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate stewardship in the use of material and financial resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as well as attend early morning meetings outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
- Must be able to tolerate noise.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must have correctable hearing and sight.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work with all common office equipment.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Position Start Date: July 1, 2017
Salary is competitive and will commensurate with experience. St. Joan Antida High School offers a full and competitive benefits package.