|Region||Twin Cities Metro
Today’s fast-paced lifestyle means you need a salon that fits your schedule. That’s why we’re open evenings and weekends; no appointments necessary. At Great Clips, you can relax, because you know you will get an affordable, quality haircut in a comfortable, friendly salon.
For the ultimate in convenience, Great Clips launched the industry’s first Online Check-in service, allowing customers to add their name to the wait list of a Great Clips salon—before they arrive. Great Clips is also the only salon brand with Clip Notes®, a technology that allows stylists to keep notes on a customer’s haircut and is accessible at any Great Clips salon.
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest salon brand. Great Clips franchisees employ 40,000 stylists who receive ongoing training to learn advanced skills and the latest trends. Our salon owners and corporate office are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities.
The database administrator is largely responsible for providing operational database services to Great Clips, Inc. enterprise.
Key Result Areas:
- Develops and executes long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers. Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for backup and recovery, disaster recovery, data archiving, and change control to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Collaborates with business analysts to identify database requirements and design databases; with application developers to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures; and with business intelligence staff to fulfill needs of data warehouses.
- Creates and manages databases. Optimizes performance through SQL code reviews and walk-throughs, proactive monitoring of the database environment, and making changes to data structures, SQL and the DBMS subsystems. Supports database functions by designing, coding and supporting utilities. Develops and supports integrations to systems outside the company.
Key Technical Competencies:
- Experience with database administration for MS SQL Server.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in performance tuning and database optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery options for MS SQL Server.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and give attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, such as the ability to work on multiple tasks, handle interruptions, and adapt to changing priorities.
Desired Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field. Practical experience can be used in lieu of education.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of the position and people in the position.
|Compensation & Benefits||