|Company||Delta Defense LLC
|Title||Marketing Copywriter Intern
Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the nation’s fastest-growing companies in America. We have been an Inc. 5000 company 3 years in a row. We have a unique opportunity for a Marketing Copywriter Intern to join our cutting edge organization. You will learn best-in-class direct response marketing to grow your skill set. Oh yeah, Free Starbucks coffee and fitness center access to the winning candidate. This is a paid internship opportunity. We are the USCCA, we educate, train and insure responsibly armed Americans.
This position requires a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills who can work effectively with our marketing, media and social content teams, graphic and Web designers, and videographers to create a wide variety of promotional and marketing materials (including email, print, interactive/Web, social content and video projects). This position will require creative writing of original copy with an emphasis on direct response marketing (including headlines) and edit and rewrite copy based on content and feedback provided from collaborators. Top candidates will also have a background in self-defense and firearms knowledge.
- This person must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and be able to execute numerous successful marketing strategies simultaneously while keeping adherence to strict deadlines. Write clear, persuasive, informative and compelling copy that is consistent with the voice of the USCCA.
- The primary responsibility of the marketing copywriter is to research and write original copy and/or edit copy for a wide range of marketing materials (e.g., online outlets, email, direct mail pieces, ads, sales promotions, magazine content, website content and video scripts).
- This person will also be responsible for researching, writing, and editing social media content across all channels.
- This person should also be a creative thinker and writer who is willing to offer insight and ideas and a team player who collaborates effectively in a team environment.
- This person will have keen insight into the minds of our avatars and thus will be relied upon for the creation and implementation of marketing initiatives.
- The ability to condense significant amounts of messaging into succinct communications.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- We are looking for someone with 2 plus years experience in creating marketing content across many communication tactics. Internships in this area also will be considered.
- Industry knowledge of self defense and firearms is a giant plus, but not required
- Social Media experience is a plus, but not required
- Maintain high standards for proof reading and excellent command of grammar
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and compelling sales and marketing material on a consistent basis
- Be a self starter, have high standards, and be able to work independently and on a team to meet deadlines
- Proven time management skills in deadline-driven work
- Proficiency in Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro; Adobe Creative Cloud and CMS (e.g., WordPress) a plus
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with a creative team.
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC
- Candidates will be asked to provide a portfolio or writing samples and complete a short copywriting test
|Compensation & Benefits||
Benefits and Compensation:
We love our employees so we take good care of them! Cool perks like on-site fitness center, Wellness benefits, catered lunches, free Starbucks, and helping your professional development. Fun company outings and events, and happy hours! This is a paid opportunity.