|Company||Marcus Hotels & Resorts
|Title||Social Media Manager
The Marcus Corporation is a Milwaukee based, publicly-traded company comprised of two divisions -- Marcus® Hotels and Resorts and Marcus Theatres. Its portfolio includes 19 hotels and resorts nationwide and 68 theatre locations.
Marcus® Hotels and Resorts parlays its over 50 years of experience into luxury, revenue growth and reputation. Our partnership with property owners matches our relationship with guests and you'll find our uncompromising standards and dedicated practice can build your brand. Look to our nationwide portfolio of upscale hotels and resorts, including Marriott, InterContinental Hotel Group, Starwood and Hilton flagged properties, and you'll see image, professional standards and memorable guest experiences.
Responsible for social media engagement for Marcus Hotels & Resorts (Milwaukee Properties) and its businesses on Social Media platforms. Day-to-day implementation, content creation and online posting, as well as social media measurement and reporting for multiple Marcus Hotels & Resorts including but not limited to the company’s three Milwaukee hotels, 10 restaurants and lounges, spas and other businesses.
- Managing, monitoring and engaging through social media.
- Creating and posting content that engages and helps generate revenue for the business units
- Recommends promotion and paid social media strategy for company and its outlets.
- Monitor external blogs, social networking sites and participate in the conversation and enable dialogue with customers. Build relationships with online social influencers.
- Write content and develop campaigns that leverage social media to spur a two-way conversation and provide relevant and interesting content to readers.
- Engage with Marcus Associates and guests to seek unique stories and interesting people that can be used for online content.
- Develop and execute creative ideas for social media contests and promotions to reach new audiences and grow our online community.
- Use social media to increase product and brand awareness.
- Define and track performance metrics on social media campaigns and provide reporting.
- Research and present recommendations for emerging social media platforms.
- Engage in creating photo and video content at our hotel and restaurant locations in Milwaukee.
- Ability to edit video is a plus.
- Gather photo and video at events, including evenings and weekends.
- Researching, learning and becoming a resource on the mechanics, etiquette and best practices for responding to online reviews on sites such as Tripadvisor, Yelp, Google+ Local and more
- Responsible for working with outside agencies on select projects to develop, approve, and leverage creative over various campaigns
- Ability to create meaningful and relevant ads on social media and be able to manipulate based on results
- Responsible for top-to-bottom coordination of select programs from vendor coordination, chef scheduling, video production, collateral approval, photography elements and promotion
- Organize and archiving past assets including projects, photos and videos.
- Assist in developing creative copy to represent hotels through a variety of mediums: Website copy, Promotional copy, Program copy
- Perform and coordinate maintenance on company websites when needed. Updating copy, details, images, etc.
- Assist, coordinate and be a resource to the corporate marketing team (and visa vi the rest of the portfolio) on social media best practices, strategies and mechanics
- Leverage and develop photography abilities to capture photos for both promotional use (primarily, but not limited to social media) but also for internal use in promoting employee events, creating culinary resource cards and beyond
- Serve as resource to special programs including but not limited to Pfister Artist-in-Residence and Pfister Narrator Protect the image of Marcus Hotels & Resorts and its businesses through honest replies and engagement on social media and review sites.
- Stays current on industry trends and educates the company’s properties and managers on social media developments.
- Serve as a resource for other Marcus businesses across the country.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- Background/studies in social media, marketing, communication arts, or similar.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in social media.
- Experience with campaign management and other general projects.
- Aware and updated on industry trends.
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet outline schedules and meet multiple deadlines.
- High level of comfort using computers and the internet is required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Possess computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- The ability to work weekends and evenings, as required to manage social media function for the business.
EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience and record of results in social media required.
- Excellent writing skills and creativity.
- Knowledge or experience of travel, hospitality or restaurant industry a plus but not mandatory.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and discounts with all of our hotels and resorts!