|Company||The Community Blood Center
The Community Blood Center (CBC) collects blood from donors, processes it in our laboratory, and prepares it for hospital patients. We currently provide 17 Wisconsin and Michigan hospitals with a full range of blood components, including red blood cells, platelets, and plasma. CBC operates neighborhood donor centers in Appleton, Oshkosh, Little Chute, and Woodruff, along with 8 blood drive units. Last year, volunteer donors gave more than 50,000 blood donations with The Community Blood Center.
The Community Blood Center is seeking a Marketing Specialist who under general direction, will provide marketing and communications support organization-wide through collateral and key message development, content marketing, and digital campaigns, as well as compiling, formatting, analyzing and reporting information and reports, enforcing brand awareness, and acting as liaison between CBC and internal and external stakeholders. Collaborate and support Donor Recruitment & Sales departments to increase the customer base.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct market research to identify donor demographics, habits and trends in order to apply this information to marketing tactics and strategies.
- Analyze the blood drive sponsor market to identify opportunities and actionable information to expand or increase blood drive participation.
- Assist in the analysis of potential markets for revenue and revenue growth to identify opportunities and actionable information to expand sources of revenue.
- Analyze marketing data (promotion results, conversion rates, etc.) to guide future marketing strategies and promotions.
- Measure the effectiveness of CBC marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Utilize methods for collecting data such as surveys and polls, and obtain existing data/facts from CBC database.
- Design digital media campaigns aligned with CBC goals and marketing strategies.
- Create digital content for use on website, blog, and social media.
- Stay up-to-date on new media industry trends and emerging digital channels
- Conceptualize, write, and edit creative content to increase brand awareness.
- Develop content for multi-platform outlets including print, television, digital, email, website and social media platforms.
- Identify, develop and execute communications strategies for key media contacts and customer references.
- Develop internal and external staff and media talking points.
- Create and maintain CBC fact database Communicate important CBC information and press releases to donors, sponsors and staff.
- Coordinate the development of multimedia content for donor stories, internal/external videos, promotional videos and other organization-wide projects.
- Display professionalism at all times, i.e. business attire for external meetings and community events; maintain professional and pleasant demeanor at all times.
- Manage social media and blog content.
- Design, produce and publish high-quality, creative content across social media platforms that promote CBC message and brand.
- Track, analyze and report on all website and social media metrics on a monthly basis to propose appropriate action and report on social media ROI.
- Provide updates and reviews to management at various levels to educate and inform about relevant social media techniques, trends, activities, policies, competition, and achievements.
- Coordinate and integrate social media content development and campaigns with other communications projects and event calendar.
- Monitor social media sites and appropriately respond to all inquiries and comments in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in creating, developing, proofreading and managing content for organization’s web presence.
- Collaborate with the Donor Recruitment and Collections departments to increase the CBC donor base, first-time donors, and donor retention.
- Develop and communicate promotion materials and giveaways.
- Write and proofread drafts of collateral and other marketing communications while maintaining the CBC brand.
- Assist the internal departments with meeting/event development.
- Maintain confidentiality of CBC, donor, and patient information at all times.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-services and training sessions and reading publications.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and public speaking skills, highly self-motivated.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, and be comfortable speaking to small and large groups while presenting information to internal and external audiences.
- Able to schedule and follow-up on all actions with little direct supervision, and possess problem-solving/negotiation skills to resolve issues professionally.
- Thorough understanding of traditional and digital marketing methods and market research methods.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret various types of documents and results, and write high-quality materials and articles in a pre-designed style and format.
- Experience with video development and editing desired. Proficient, in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), posting and leveraging content, and how to analyze results.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Graphic design experience is desirable.
- Proficient with Google Analytics.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-team capacity, manage multiple projects and work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- This position will work variable hours and may travel to events, some overnight, throughout the year is required.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward donors, co-workers, vendors and the community.
- Ability to effectively respond to complex requests or complaints from co-workers, supervisor, and/or management.
- Knowledge of the blood banking industry and donor recruitment techniques is a plus.
|Compensation & Benefits||