|Title||Inside Sales Internship
Apexx Group is a strategic sales and marketing consulting firm. We look to help our client drive profitable growth by increasing revenue and loyalty in existing accounts and expanding market share. We are currently seeking an Inside Sales Rep/Lead Manager to add to our high energy, multi-functional team.
If you are a student looking to go into sales as a career path, this is an ideal opportunity for you. Many of our interns go on to accept intermediate level positions right after graduation (skipping entry level positions) having this specific type of experience under their belt.
This position will touch on the entire spectrum of the sales process, but focus on lead qualification (finding decision makers, representing our client's product and service value proposition, overcoming obstacles and being generally delightful and engaging). Qualified leads will then be handed off to our client's sales teams.
This role will involve direct contact with client current and prospective customers and will have a strong focus on quality and productivity.
You can expect to acquire excellent experience that will be helpful for candidates desiring to go into inside/outside sales, or a marketing role that directly supports a sales organization. Many of our interns are able to bypass entry-level sales and marketing positions and/or command a higher starting salary post-graduation because of their experience at Apexx functioning in this role.
Work with Apexx client companies to help them expand and enhance their customer relationships as well as identify and nurture new ones.
Intern duties may vary by active projects. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Using telephone (primarily) and some email to communicate Apexx clients’ messages and initiatives with a variety of professionals ranging from large business executives to automotive technicians to nonprofit leaders to contractors, engineers, and more
- Leveraging CRM tools to facilitate multiple aspects of the sales cycle
- Qualifying sales leads (primarily warm leads) and appointment setting
- Creating a competitive edge for our clients by identifying customer needs by leveraging documented sales processes and Best Practices
- Client interface for training and key updates
- Identifying trending customer/contact attitudes and responses and other market feedback to share with client
- Providing input into call guides to achieve specified results
- Conducting market research to analyze competitors, determining brand perceptions, evaluating market penetration, and understanding customer needs
Qualified candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Currently pursuing (minimum Sophomore standing), or completed a B.A. or B.S. (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM
- Working experience with a CRM database highly desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Critical thinking and investigative questioning skills
- Previous experience with lead generation/account management highly desired
|Compensation & Benefits||
Apexx Group, LLC offers $10 per hour base pay with achievable, performance-based bonus opportunities monthly. We offer a flexible work environment for our interns. Interns must complete a minimum of 20 work hours and a maximum of 29.5 hours per week.
Hours can be scheduled Monday – Friday between 7AM – 5PM. College credits are optional, at the preference of the intern and university.
Occasional opportunities exist to work up to 40 hours/week if the employee desires.