|Company||Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau
|Title||Communications Intern (Part-time)
The Greater Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau (GMCVB), and the Madison Area Sports Commission (MASC) are passionate about promoting the Madison area to visitors and locals alike. We do it by:
- Attracting new conventions, sporting events and competitions to the community.
- Providing expert service and support to people who visit Madison for events.
- Sharing relevant and timely information about all there is to see and do in our city.
- Conducting and analyzing tourism research.
- Building our local economy!
The Communications Intern position serves as professional and administrative support for the PR & Communications Department, and will work in collaboration with the marketing and other departments as needed. This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position.
- Contribute to Editorial Content team
- Support Public Relations Coordinator and Director in writing copy for press releases, e-mail correspondence and web site as requested.
- Support Social Media Coordinator as directed
- Monitor news coverage and add to press archive accordingly
- Track media value of earned media coverage for GMCVB and MASC
- Update and maintain media contact lists
- Fulfill and track media requests for press kits and images
- Occasionally assist in leisure marketing projects
- Assist as requested with the visitmadison.com online calendar of events; post events on several other external tourism online calendars. Responsible for keeping all of these online calendars updated with area events and visitor information
- Attend GMCVB sponsored events as needed
- Execute other assignments as directed by PR and Communications Staff
* The above is intended to describe the general content of and major responsibilities for performance of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of job duties or requirements. It does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned.
Education and Experience required:
- High School diploma required.
- Currently pursing continuing education
- Familiarity with journalism and media relations principles and practices, normally acquired through college-level courses in journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with media database platforms such as Meltwater or Cision helpful
- Experience with CRM applications helpful, but not required
- Familiarity with the Madison area, its attractions and major events.
Skills and Abilities required:
- Strong writing, editing and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Comfortable with face to face interaction and communication
- Ability to coordinate with members of a team and complete tasks under a deadline
- Self-starter and self-motivated
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is a part-time position, no benefits are offered. Compensation is based on qualifications. The pay range is $15 per hour.