|Company||Pacific Cycle Inc
|Title||Event and Marketing Intern
At Pacific Cycle, innovation and product is at the heart of what we do. Every project, every meeting, every moment is an opportunity to create the perfect ride for millions of consumers around the world. From a relaxing Sunday family ride to a heart pumping mountain trail ride, Pacific Cycle employees are helping people all over the world realize their dreams. Health insurance and a retirement savings plan are just the beginning for our employees. Our culture is as fun and lively as the lifestyle brands we represent. Come enjoy the ride.
The Event and Marketing Intern position will assist the Schwinn and Mongoose brand teams and will be immersed in the daily work experience of event planning, marketing, PR, social media, and other behind the scenes brand marketing tasks. It provides a hands-on introduction to destination marketing. Preferred majors: Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism.
- Event Planning – Plan local marketing events.
- Organize the logistics, and details surrounding the events.
- Event Activation – Attend and facilitate local and national events.
- Manage communication with direct messages from the various Schwinn social media accounts.
- Social Media Advertising: Learn how to create online social campaigns for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Content Curation: Assist in scheduling a content calendar for the Schwinn Brand Work on planning collaborations with like-minded brands
- Reporting & Analyzing
- Monthly Marketing Reporting Assistance: Gather monthly social media, website, and online sales data.
- Look for key takeaways and trends where appropriate in the reports.
- PR Support PR Support: Filter through PR request, track media mentions, and order product using SAP.
- Reach out to local dealers to help buildup PR and Event product.
- Customer Service Customer Service: Assist in facilitating community request to customer service.
- Other Duties Assigned
- Follows internal controls and company policies set by Pacific Cycle Inc. and Dorel Sports.
- Contributes to the success of Pacific Cycle Inc. by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (include education, experience, special skills, licenses and/or certifications required.) (Required education based on requirements that are job-related and a business necessity; preferred education the same as required but not mandatory. Knowledge defined as a comprehensive body of information required by experience or study. Skill defined as a present, observable competence to perform a learned activity. Credentials and experience is the minimum level of education, experience, and certifications acceptable for the position.)
- Display an interest in online marketing
- Enthusiasm and energy for the position
- Passionate about social media
- Outstanding communicator and writer
- Exhibit Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) computer skills
- Must have own transportation
- Will work on site during regular business hours
- Team player who enjoys working with others
- Outgoing and friendly
- Self-motivated and creative idea generator
- Part time February – May, Full time June-July, part time August-October
Environmental Factors (Working conditions inside and outside of the office including noise level, temperature and other factors that will affect the person’s working conditions while performing the job.) A large percentage of work time is spent sitting. During events you may be on your feet for 5 or more hours. The noise level in the work area can be moderate.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Dorel Sports is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
|Compensation & Benefits||