|Region||Twin Cities Metro
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS:
The mission of Meet Minneapolis, Convention + Visitors Association, is to market, sell and maximize the visitor experience of Minneapolis for the economic benefit of our community.
Do you have a love for the city of Minneapolis and all the great things it has to offer our visitors and locals? Are you an experienced marketing/agency professional who has a passion for client service and managing a wide-range of marketing programs? Do you like to take charge of both strategic planning and the day-to-day execution of marketing initiatives? So many exciting things are happening in Minneapolis and this unique marketing role puts you right in the middle of the action.
Under the direction of the Director of Brand Strategy the Marketing Manager will lead and manage the Meet Minneapolis Destination Sales marketing initiatives, including Sport Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Convention Center to drive awareness of Minneapolis as the destination of choice. The person who fills this role creates effective relationships with other Meet Minneapolis departments as part of achieving individual, department and organization goals.
AREAS OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY AND FOCUS:
- Collaborate with the Director of Brand Strategy and internal teams on the development of the strategic direction and execution for marketing campaigns including content development, email, web, social, video, print collateral, tradeshows/events, sales presentations and advertising.
- Serve as the collective and strategic marketing resource for internal clients - Destination Sales, Sports Minneapolis and Minneapolis Convention Center.
- Write creative brief assignments and oversee the design and execution of creative messages and advertising plans for assigned segments, and others organizational initiatives as assigned.
- Work closely with Meet Minneapolis PR team to ensure effective earned messaging to support owned and paid strategies.
- Marketing budget management.
- Complete periodic reporting of activities and results, as required; maintains accurate project records and ensures deadlines are met.
- Track, analyze, and measure ROI by campaign to help drive decisions and marketing effectiveness.
- All other duties, market segments or organizational initiatives as assigned.
- BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in a related marketing/agency client service and project management role (Preferably B2B and B2C experience).
- Proven success creating multi-channel communication strategy and managing execution through production (including print and media negotiations).
- Knowledge of Minneapolis area and its destination assets.
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills and working knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Demonstrated ability to seek and understand industry and business knowledge.
- Self-motivated to pursue learning opportunities in order to become a better resource for others.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and independently.
- Ability to manage complex projects involving cross-track progress and results.
- Experience working with Tour/Travel/Hospitality trade segments within a Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB), hotel or attractions industry (preferred, not required).
- Experience with an e-mail service provider i.e. ExactTarget or Constant Contact (preferred, not required).
- General knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, equipment, policies, procedures and practices is a necessary skill set.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form is mandatory.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to a large and diverse audience of partners.
- Capable of exercising independent judgment, discretion and initiative, while utilizing tact and courtesy with organizational and partner representatives, vendors, government officials and the general public.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, under pressure and on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and travel as needed.
- Adheres to Meet Minneapolis’ value culture of passion, inclusion, teamwork and accountability.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Local and overnight travel will be limited, but may be required.
- Excellent internal customer service.
- Specific achievements in helping organization and department reach annual goals.
- Achieving successful working relationships with staff and external vendors, partners and media.
|Compensation & Benefits||
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and hear
- Grab, pull or bend items
- Lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs.
- View items at a close and distant range
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Use computers for extended periods of time
- General office environment.
- Occasional partner and member events outside of the office, trade shows, sales calls or other events.
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.