|Company||Waukesha County Business Alliance, Inc.
The Waukesha County Business Alliance, Inc. is a private, member-driven organization that has been the voice of business since its founding in 1918 as the Waukesha Association of Commerce. Initially established to serve the Waukesha business community, the Alliance has evolved into a countywide chamber of commerce representing more than 1,100 member businesses and community organizations. Its mission is to drive economic growth in Waukesha County.
Waukesha County Business Alliance is looking for a summer marketing intern. Work with the county-wide chamber of commerce by helping organize and maintain internal processes, while gaining real-world experience working with local businesses. This internship will be focused on assisting the Marketing Coordinator with daily and weekly responsibilities.
- Design, proof and implement weekly emails
- Help maintain and update Constant Contact email lists
- Take the lead on gathering historical information and photos for the Alliance’s 100-year anniversary celebration in 2018
- Help design promotional materials for events and programs
- Attend Alliance events and programs as able and assist with logistics
- Other tasks as assigned
The Alliance is looking for a friendly, creative and motivated individual who is willing to help with the many facets of a business association.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Pursuing a degree in marketing, public relations, communications, business or graphic design
- Must have reliable transportation
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is an unpaid internship. The internship requires a minimum of 15 hours per week. Together, the Alliance and intern will determine mutual goals, as well as the best schedule and timeline.