|Title||Marketing & Communications Associate
About Our Organization:
At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they are more likely to succeed when they have caring adults in their lives. Our highly-trained staff guides kids to overcome the life and academic challenges facing Chicago’s youth. We meet kids where they are — physically and emotionally — to help them focus on their education, make positive choices, and remain on the right path toward life success.
Founded in 1924 today Youth Guidance is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs serving more than 8,500 youth while touching the lives of more than 14,000 youth, parents, teachers, and community members.
The Marketing & Communications Associate works alongside the Director of Marketing & Communications in implementing the strategic communications plan of Youth Guidance: generating awareness for agency programs, conveying the importance of support for youth from high-risk communities and celebrating the positive outcomes and achievements of all agency programming.
Please submit a portfolio of writing samples and previous graphic design or photography work with your resume.
- Develops newsletters, fact sheets and other agency collateral
- Maintains website content and image updates through web content management system (e.g., WordPress)
- Supports and maintains all social media outlets
- Assist in conceptualizing, planning, and executing special events, particularly media opportunities
- Provides hands-on support of off-site media and public relations events
- Assist in the development/management of the agency’s overall communications calendar
- Oversee annual ordering of promotional items that adhere to the agency’s brand standards and remain within departmental budgets
- Manage the check-out process for branded agency materials and assist in reviewing public-facing items to ensure adherence to brand standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Very strong computer and/or graphic design skills
- Experience with Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent photography skills. Experience with videography and editing footage
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- Solid storytelling skills and an ability to thoughtfully interview youth, staff and other stakeholders
- Familiar with Google Analytics and AdWords management and reporting
- Exceptional attention to detail and capacity to balance multiple projects
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily work in the downtown office with routine travel to school locations and special events. Occasional late evenings and weekends
- Must have the ability to work well independently as well as with a team
- Must have a commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
|Compensation & Benefits||