Established in 1983, Real Racine is the accredited 501-c-6 nonprofit destination marketing organization for Racine County, Wis. Real Racine's misson is to promote Racine County as an attractive destination to enhance the local economy.
This intern position provides work experience for students in the fields of social media, online tracking and analytics, photo editing, events management, and customer service. It also provides a hands-on introduction to destination marketing.
Average of 30 hours per week. This position will center on major events which occur primarily on weekends.
- Plan and execute social media posts (written, photographed and video) on Real Racine’s various social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Develop content for social media posts and website updates that are consistent with the Real Racine brand.
- Administer/update the Real Racine website with current events and themes.
- Assist with planning, execution and promotion of Real Racine-sponsored events.
- Assist with developing and executing surveys (digital and in-person) of event participants.
- Create videos using a GoPro camera and editing software to use as a marketing tool.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
- Submit weekly reports to Marketing Director and Events Director highlighting progress and accomplishments.
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and major requirements for performance of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Real Racine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Enrollment in a 2- or 4-year college or university with study focusing on communications, marketing, sports management or a related field.At least junior status preferred.
- A personal commitment to excellence, professionalism and creativity, yet attentive to detail.
- Ability to have FUN.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, push, pull, lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Dependable transportation.
- The ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a team member at all levels of the organization.
|Compensation & Benefits||
$10 per hour.