|Title||Partnership & Events Intern
VISIT Milwaukee markets the greater Milwaukee area as the destination of choice for conventions, events, and leisure travel, thereby increasing the economic impact of tourism.
The Greater Milwaukee Convention and Visitors Bureau, D.B.A. VISIT Milwaukee, is a private, non-profit corporation formed in 1967. As the main destination marketing organization (DMO) for the greater Milwaukee area, our primary goal is representing and promoting Greater Milwaukee as a premier destination for major conventions, corporate meetings, group tours, and business and leisure travelers. Our goal of increasing visitor and meeting generated revenue is achieved through sophisticated and integrated sales, services, marketing, and public relations programs geared to local, regional, national and international target markets. Through this process, VISIT Milwaukee is able to reach new and existing markets to increase visitors and economic impact to Greater Milwaukee.
PARTNERSHIP & EVENTS INTERNSHIP:
VISIT Milwaukee is seeking an intern for summer 2017 to assist our busy partnership development department with developing leads and managing special events. This is a great opportunity for students interested in sponsorship development, hospitality,or association management.
The partnership development department provides tools to partner hospitality businesses to market themselves to Milwaukee visitors and convention attendees. Benefits to marketing partners include sponsorship and advertising opportunities, enhanced website presence, inclusion in the online calendar of events, social media promotional opportunities, educational seminars on hospitality issues and networking events for the hospitality community.
The intern will be assigned special projects and duties as determined by the supervisor to support and assist the VISIT Milwaukee partnership development department.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This position will assist the partnership team in identifying prospects and leads, servicing existing partners, assisting with special events, and other duties and projects as determined by the goals of the internship.
Duties to include:
- Assist with the development and management of a prospecting database of hospitality businesses in the seven county greater Milwaukee region.
- Assist with the planning,registration, and execution of special events and programs includingpartner outreach and communication.
- Special projects and opportunities as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited academic institution with a major in business, communications, hospitality/event planning, or a related field.
- Minimumof a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Priorcustomer service experience and hospitality industry experience preferred.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Experience in Microsoft Office 2010 Suite, databases, and aptitude to learn new programs/software.
- Exceptional knowledge of the greater Milwaukee area, including attractions, arts and cultural institutions, events,restaurants, etc.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills and the ability to convey information in a positive manner.
- Keen attention to detail, the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is an unpaid internship and is eligible for academic credit as defined by the academic institution. VISIT Milwaukee will provide parking during the internship.
This is an internship for the summer season. Work schedules will be determined by the supervisor and the intern, and will be during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.